Entertainment is expensive. Movies, plays, cable, concerts, and the awful price of books today can put quite a strain on the finances. Stage shows like “The Lion King” look very entertaining, but one look at the price and you may prefer rather to just watch the DVD. Entertainment does have to break the bank. Here are some things you can do.
- Some movies are just better on the big screen. So when you have to go to the theater, go for the cheaper pre-5:00 matinees. And stay away from the concession stand. Snack before or after elsewhere (or at home).
- Instead of buying or paying to rent movies or books, try your local library. Many libraries have a wide selection of movies. And naturally renting a book at the library is a lot cheaper than buying one. But when you’d prefer to own that certain book or movie…
- Use sites like eBay or Amazon to get movies and books at prices far less than retail.
- There are discounts available for theater shows the likes of the aforementioned “The Lion King.” Hunt around for discounts and you can enjoy stage shows for less. In fact, hunting around can produce discounts for most things.
- Eating out is fun. It’s also pricey. Try preparing more of your own food. If you’d rather eat out, look for coupons in your junk mail or in the newspaper.
The price of entertainment doesn’t have to prevent you from doing all the things that entertain you. Try the things listed here. Be entertained and still be able to pay the bills.