With an economy that is less than fruitful, going out is not always easy. Hosting a party in your home can be just as much fun without breaking the bank. Here are some simple steps to help you plan a budget friendly party that is sure to be a blast.
1. Use decorations from a discount store. Dollar stores always have items like wrapping paper, small candles, and other items that can be used to inexpensively decorate your dinner table or the rest of the home. Wrapping paper makes a great tablecloth that when the party is over you can throw the entire mess out.
2. Pick a theme. Picking a theme adds another element of fun to your party, but also allows you to find creative ways to add to your decor. A halloween party can have candy in bowls as decoration or even little pumpkins. Decorate pine cones for a fall party.
3. Make a budget prior to purchasing any items. Make sure that you know how much you can spend and what part you need to earmark for food, decorations, and miscellaneous items.
4. Do not serve alcohol. Instead, make your own specialty drink using less expensive ingredients like soda and fruit juice. It will add a special touch to your party and alcohol can be very expensive.
5. Serve food items that are less expensive at that time of year. A fruit basket made of in season fruit can be a popular dish. Check out the grocery ads the week before your party to plan a meal around what is on sale.
Sticking to a budget can help you to create a party that is free of stress and enjoyable for all of your attendees. The more you save, the more parties you can host in the future!